Thomas W. Goedert
Mr. Goedert concentrates his practice in the areas of eminent domain and condemnation law, as well as bankruptcy reorganization and litigation. He has completed numerous jury and bench trials in relation to land acquisitions on behalf of the condemning authorities.
- Counsel to the City of Chicago to build the Bloomingdale Trail Project including legal services relative to easements, encroachments, and identifying the underlying rights of the public right of way.
- Counsel to O’Hare Modernization Program, for the Expansion & Modernization Program.
- Past Counsel to Metropolitan Pier & Exposition Authority for McCormick Place West Expansion.
- Past Counsel to Illinois State Toll Highway Authority for I-355 South Extension.
- Counsel to Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Counsel to numerous creditors in K-Mart and Montgomery Ward, LLC bankruptcies; successfully recovered administrative priority claims, and secured and unsecured claims on their behalf.
- Representation of international client regarding post-petition sophisticated lease and finance of equipment.
- Representation of numerous mid-size corporations in providing workout or exit strategies, including preparation of plans of reorganization in Chapter 11.
- Legal counsel to the City of Chicago concerning gate lease claims in the United Airlines Bankruptcy.
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Former Advisory Board Member
- CBA Bankruptcy and Reorganization Committee, Former Chairman
- Speaker on Bankruptcy-related topics for Lorman Education Seminars and Chicago Bar Association
- First Chairman for the United States Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee for the Northern District of Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1989
- Marquette University, B.A., 1985