Ms. Sublett concentrates her practice in the areas of litigation and real estate transactional work.
- Ms. Sublett joined Neal & Leroy, LLC in 1994 concentrating in the practice areas of eminent domain, and municipal and real estate transactional law.
- Ms. Sublett began her career in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s
Office, where she worked for the first seven years in the Criminal Division.
She was a brief writing supervisor while assigned to the Criminal Appeals
Division. In addition to drafting numerous appellate briefs and arguing
numerous times before the Illinois Appellate Court and Supreme Courts, Ms.
Sublett oversaw the drafting and filing of hundreds of briefs which were
filed with the Illinois Appellate Court, the Illinois Supreme Court, the
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, as well
as the United States Supreme Court.
- While assigned to the Felony Trial Division she prosecuted numerous felony bench and jury trials. In 1991, Ms. Sublett became the Deputy Chief of the Civil Actions Bureau of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office supervising over 90 attorneys. As the chief legal advisor to the Cook County Board of Commissioners, Ms. Sublett was responsible for drafting and issuing legal opinions.
- Represented the Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC) in the settlement of the case filed against the general contractor for failure to renovate Soldier Field in a timely and competent manner. Also, represented the PBC in acquiring and rezoning land for construction of fire stations, police stations, campus parks, and public school sites throughout the City of Chicago.
- Successfully completed zoning map amendments for various public and private clients.
- Successfully represented public entities in actions filed by unsuccessful bidders for construction contracts challenging the bid procedures of the public entity. This has included several successful efforts to prevent temporary restraining orders against municipal clients.
- Successfully handled case where firm appointed as receiver for dissolved Park District.
- Successfully handled over two hundred individual property acquisitions.
- Counsel in connection with real tax exemptions, notifications of errors, and Board of Review Hearing.
- Represented the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority in connection with right-of-way issues for the McCormick Place West Expansion.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association
- University of Illinois, J.D., 1982
- Western Illinois University, B.A., 1978